Healthy Banana Pancakes: Only Two Ingredients!

Healthy pancakes made from only two ingredients: 1 banana and 2 eggs–yes please.

bananapancakes

When I heard about these magical two-ingredient pancakes, I had to make them immediately. I was skeptical about how pancake-like they would turn out, but to my surprise, not only were they delicious and extremely filling, but they look exactly like pancakes–albeit miniature ones.

They do turn out a little mushier and flatter than traditional pancakes, but considering there is no added white flour or sugar, I really didn’t mind. They definitely aren’t lacking in tastiness. I made a batch with a tablespoon of ground flax and another batch with chia seeds too; the seeds act as an extra binder which makes the pancakes hold up a little better during the flipping process–I liked the chia seed batch the best. I topped mine with blueberries and a little almond butter mixed with plain Greek yogurt and a drizzle of honey!

I ended up smearing the almond butter mixture on the pancake, lining up a couple blueberries, rolling the whole thing up, and eating each pancake like a taco with my hands (I’m fancy like that).

And feel free to play Jack Johnson’s-Banana Pancakes as you make these (I did).

13 Responses to Healthy Banana Pancakes: Only Two Ingredients!

1. No flour? And, it looks like it holds together. Who’d have thought? Thanks.

2. Bridget says:

Trying these in the morning!

3. Ami Lockett says:

Nice!

4. Luvie says:

nasty , I would never make them again !!! YAK !!!!

5. Awi says:

Why did my pancakes become more like omelette then pancakes?

• Ryan Baggett MA, RD says:

It’s probably because the base is eggs. These aren’t super fluffy pancakes like a traditional pancake would be. The eggs make it a little more omelette like, but just sweeter because of the banana!

6. […] I found this recipe on IRunOnNutrition.com and tried it this morning. […]

7. Suzy ODonnell says:

made this morning with only one extra large egg. Used all the options, slow cooked – had to be careful when turning and I used cooking spray on my griddle. I made 6 silver dollar sized pancakes and used a tsp of natural peanut butter (melted) as the topping. They came out pretty good – I will skip the pumpkin pie spice and just use ginger and cinnamon next time. I will make again.

I should note I threw everything into my little proctor silex chopper and whipped it up there.

I freeze thinly sliced bananas in wax paper to make banana ice cream (with peanut butter) and use this cheap little chopper to whip them up – perfect for single use.

8. Honor Burrows says:

It’s not pancakes, it’s basically a banana omelette. Absolutely disgusting.

9. Patricia Casey says:

This is a great recipe. I’m really not sure why there have been negative comments. I’ve had them two mornings in a row and they have been amazing. The texture is just like a pancake and they have kept me going for hours. They are not only delicious, but really quick to make. These pancakes can be made and ready to eat in the same time it would take to make a couple slices of toast.

• Ryan Baggett MA, RD says:

So glad you enjoyed them; I do too! Very quick to make with minimal healthy ingredients. I think people just expect them to be exactly like a normal grain-based pancakes, which they won’t ever be. Doesn’t mean they can’t be great though!